The long awaited time has arrived: HitFilm 1.1 is now available! You can download the Ultimate update here and the Standard update here, from the demo pages or by starting up the software and following the instructions.
There's an epic number of new features, improvements and fixes in this update so you should grab it as soon as you get to an internet connection.
Check out what you get in 1.1:
Ultimate exclusive new features
• 2D motion tracking, with optical flow and template match. Awesome.
• Lifetime properties for particle simulators now have their own panel.
• The particle simulator has three new forces: attract, detract and turbulence.
• You can now activate on 3 computers at the same time!
• Bezier warp.
• Bilateral blur.
• Blood spray.
• Channel time shift.
• Grain removal.
• Light streaks.
• Radial gradient.
• Radio waves.
• Time displacement.
• TV damage.
• Vortex displacement warp.
Ultimate exclusive optimizations
• When you import a 3D camera track you can now choose how the data is interpreted. HitFilm will also attempt to locate the source video file.
• Set Matte has a new Blend property.
Standard & Ultimate new features
• The Export screen now has an option to export the 'Content area'. No more black frames on the end of your videos!
• During Export there's a new feedback window with estimated time and useful completion links. Plus it has a spinny wheel thing.
• You can now switch between different workspaces and create and save your own interface layouts. Check out the workspaces menu, just next to the undo/redo buttons.
• The Viewer can now be set to auto-scale to fit. MOST USEFUL FEATURE EVER.
• You can now select multiple layers on the timeline to convert to a new composite shot.
• The Home screen has been completely redesigned. You can now access video tutorials, blog and forum posts and our social media channels even more easily. There's also a new Tip of the Day box and a special list for community tutorials created by the likes of Rody and Majahr. You can even re-arrange the info boxes!
• New Light Flare type.
• Auto Color, Auto Contrast & Auto Levels.
• Crush Blacks & Whites Alpha.
• Difference key.
• Echo. (echo....echo....)
• Insect vision.
• Motion trails.
• Oil painting.
• Witness protection.
Standard & Ultimate optimizations
• Epic performance improvements to particle effects, especially when motion blur is turned on.
• Motion blur has been optimized and is now higher quality. Faster and better!
• You can now add masks/effects/forces/deflectors from the Controls panel as well as the timeline.
• Double-clicking a property in the Controls panel will reveal it on the timeline.
• When you first drop a video onto the editor sequence it will check to see if the sequence settings are correct.
• Double-clicking a keyframe will jump the playhead straight to it.
• The Rain 3D effect is no longer billboarded. This means you can move your camera in and around it from any angle.
• New keyboard shortcuts - check the manual for details.
• When you open a project the composite shots you were working on will be automatically opened and ready to go.
• Playback on the editor sequence has been optimized.